Of course I should have bought a pattern on ebay or somewhere and waited for it to arrive.... but I'm learning!
This is the end result: (Can you tell we haven't had much sun here yet!!)
So, I started with an old tee-shirt and some newspaper:
And some rather stretchy fabric:
I got adventurous with some of the shapes I used - this is my version of some bust allowance:
The smaller piece crosses over behind the bigger front piece:
Then I added the gathers on the top seams as that looked a little less "Mrs Doyle from Father Ted" - ish.
Next project WILL involve using a real pattern!
Thanks for modelling Elaine.... :)