Some time ago Ruth of Sew Ruth gave me a couple of blogging awards and put links to my blog up on her blog.... This action undoubtedly increased the traffic to my blog and inspired me to keep with it!
This was Ruth's post where she handed out her awards for inspiring blogs: Linky
And these are the lovely awards she sent me, and which I now have the pleasure of passing forward to some of the blogs I have found inspiring.
The rules of the awards are as follows:
Thank the person who nominated you.
Add The One Lovely Blog Award/Very Inspiring Blogger Award to your post.
Share 7 things about yourself.
Pass the award on to 10 nominees.
Include this set of rules.
Inform your nominees by posting a comment on their blogs.
So first of all a big THANK YOU to SewRuth for generously giving me both awards!
Now to 7 things about me:
1. My family and I live in N.Ireland, in an old stone cottage that was originally restored by my Grandmother, and which we extended about 17 years ago. I love this photo of a sunrise behind the house. (Sorry about the arrows - I couldn't find the original and this is copied from FB!)
2. We have 3 little terriers! JackJack, Honey and Patsy. Here modelling their Christmas attire!
3. We keep a few ponies here and this time last year Mollie had a foal. The foal was finally named this week - Meet Duchess.
4. I've been sewing up a few ponies too... This little herd went over to England before Christmas to be sold on a Craft Stall raising funds for Biomedical Research into ME. This illness has now affected me for over a year and prevented me from working or indeed being physically active in any way. Much more research and funding is needed. (More detail here: PDF Describing ME and here: Invest in ME )
5. I enjoy taking photos especially of moody skies. This one is just outside the kitchen patio doors...
...... and this one looking down from the garden over a winter sunrise.
6. I now follow a Paleo Diet as I have heard that it helps with ME. So that's: No grains, no dairy and as little sugar as possible. (In ascending order of difficulty!)
So now to my Nominees for these awards... and it's not an easy choice!
So in no particular order - here they are:
Cation Designs One of the first blogs I started to follow, and although this blog has loads of well deserved awards already I couldn't resist sending another! ;)
Tumble Weeds in the Wind Plenty of inspiration here...
Bundana Begins Always something colourful going on ...
Weekend Crafting Check out the quilt in the post from 2 March.
A Good Talking To... Lots of lovely ideas here...
Craft Sanctury in her own words "confessions of a happy crafter"... need I say more.
By Gaenor Sewing inspiration and more....
Edit to add:
Sarah Liz Sew Style Knew I'd missed one... and I know she's just got another award.. but her post regarding that award was the trigger that reminded me I'd forgotten to do my list... :)
So that's my list for now... I keep feeling I've forgotten a blog or two I enjoy... so watch this space as I may add a couple more in a bit.
So now I've to head off to each of these blogs to let them know about their awards... Well okay that will be tomorrow! (Edit now done ;) )